Social health components, such as education and health literacy, access and use of basic health services, health care and social protection, etc., have a greater role than biological factors in human health and well-being. The Social Determinants of Health Research Center was formed, considering the importance of these components, the target of research, as well as the discovery of the scientific facts and its benefits in solving the problems of health and medical issues, also in line with the objectives of the university’s research deputy, to accomplish its core mission, which is to pay attention to these determinants and basic needs, to carry out various research in the community, and to generate the knowledge needed to preserve and promote the general health of the community. The Social Determinants of Health Research Center was officially established, in June 2012, with the completion of its Founding Board members, and with the adoption of principled and significant plans for its agenda.
It is also reminded that the center welcomes the cooperation with other organizations, research centers and interested individuals in the field of factors affecting health and promoting it. The center so far has had four research-based students.
Head of Research Center
Seyed Reza Hosseini (MD, MPH), Social Medicine fellowship and professor of Social Medicine
- Healthy lifestyle (physical activity, nutrition, stress, tobacco)
- Social factors in determination of health, attitude and practice of people, against diseases, and health risk factors
- Risk factors of health, abnormalities, injuries
- The quality of life of patients and family members in diseases
- Research priorities, development and empowerment of community-based research
- Intergovernmental co-operation, public participation
- Determine health needs
- Empowering people to maintain and improve their health